The Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi has prescribed the following minimum qualifications for heads of senior secondary and secondary schools affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi.
Senior Secondary Schools:
1. Master’s degree or Honors Degree of a Foreign University recognized as equivalent to the Master’s Degree of an Indian University by the
U.P.S.C. or Honors Degree of such Indian Universities as may be recognized equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the U.P.S.C.
2. A teaching Degree or a Degree in Education or its equivalent.
3. Experience as required under anyone of the following clauses:
• At least 3 years experience of administrative charge of a recognized College having Intermediate or higher classes.
• At least 5 years experience of administrative charge of a recognized High School.
• At least 5 years experience of teaching in a recognized college or Higher Secondary School or an equivalent teaching experience in a
Teachers Training Institute.
• At least 8 years teaching experience in a recognized High School.
• At least 5 years experience including 3years educational administrative experience and 2 years teaching experience in a recognized High or
Higher Secondary School or a Teachers Training Institute.
Bachelor of Engineering with 5 years teaching experience in a recognized College or Hr. Sec. School (Given effect from 1.1.1977).
Trained Graduate Heads of recognized High Schools who have attained the age of 45 years and possess at least 15 years teaching experience of Secondary classes in a recognized High/Higher Secondary School (including at least 5 years administrative experience as Head of a recognized High School.)
Persons possessing a Masters Degree with at least 15 years of teaching experience in a recognized Higher Secondary School and/or a recognized college having attained the age of 45 years.
Persons possessing a Masters Degree in Education and having the requisite experience as provided for in any one of the forgoing clauses A to D.
Requirements of a Principal
Previous experience as a principal or in a similar role.
Knowledge of school administrative processes and national educational regulations.
Hands-on experience with MS Office and education management systems.
Attention to detail
Great presentation and communication skills.
Ability to coach and inspire
A teaching license is preferred
Degree in Education; Master’s degree is a plus.
Responsibilities of a Principal
Oversee day-to-day school operations.
Set learning goals for students and teachers based on the national curriculum.
Supervise, guide, and control the work of the teaching and non-teaching staff of the school.
Regular meetings with VP’s, HOD’s and Supervisors and meetings with Teachers when required.
Monitor and report on teacher performance.
Present data from school performance to board members.
Research new resources and techniques to improve teaching.
Recruitment of Teachers.
Review and implement school policies and issue of all kinds of circulars.
Provide guidance and counseling to teachers.
Arranging seminars/workshops for Teachers.
Timetable is set well in advance before the commencement of the new academic year
Organize and coordinate various co-curricular activities through the house system or in such other effective ways as he may think fit.
Plan the year’s academic work in advance in consultation with his colleagues and hold staff meetings at least once a month, review the
work done during the month, and assess the progress of the pupils.
Smooth flow in the admission process including the admission forms and TC withdrawals.
Attend conferences to gain knowledge on current educational trends.
Time to time in CBSE Affiliation Renewals and CBSE-related matters.
Everything in compliance with the Ministry of Education, Kuwait.
Ensure a safe and clean environment for students and staff (e.g. implementing hygiene rules)
Coaching , Training , Instructing , Educational , Education , Communication skills , Excel ,
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- Educational / Teaching Training
- Post Graduates